“The dog ate my homework”. After spending three hours at the table completing homework given to me by the teacher who loves to give a lot of home work, my dog ate my homework. Most children do not like homework and will use any excuse for not doing homework, even if the excuse has become a cliché and has since lost its value.src="https://images.exploretrip.com/Affiliate/banners/logos/125x125.gif">
Homework value: Homework a valuable tool that helps build the quality of your child’s education and when used consistently for more than two hours a day reinforces classroom instructions. Parents who response “two hours, reck hem screck hem reck hem screck hem”, should try keeping the TV off on a school night for a week.
In the interim here are some helpful homework tips for students.
- Have a light dinner before starting homework; every student functions well after a healthy meal.
- Apply your child’s homework assignments to everyday life.
- Have a home folder for homework and project assignments.
- Do not hesitate to ask your school for special tutoring for your child
- Check your child’s school bag daily. Observe the text-book and classroom work sheets.
- Some children work better with background music, try the classics. They are less of a distraction.
- When your child gets a good homework report celebrate the news with a hug, and your child’s favorite snack.
Parents disregard people who rage against homework, these nay sayers have yet to connect it with practice tools for better learning.